Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter

Dear Big Smiley,

Happy Easter.
I wondered today if you have Easter in China.
And if you know about the Easter Bunny and the basket of goodies that he brings to children.
And the eggs. Colored eggs. Your Baba made me some colored eggs when I wasn't looking yesterday! I hope you like colored eggs.

Hmmm... Goodness... I hope you like eggs!

Your room is completely done.
Right now there is a big bed in your room. We might leave it there. We might move it and get you a cozier, smaller bed. But either way, your room is done. The windows just need shades and the floor could use a rug. But most of all, it needs you in it. Then it will be complete.

I thought about you all day today. I thought about your mei mei, too, but more about you. It might be because you are older. Or since we have known of you for shorter time, I feel a need to catch up the time so that I have thought of you as often and as much as I have thought of your mei mei.

It's different with you because I know who you are. I know what you look like, and I see the happiness on your face in the pictures. I hope you are as happy being with us as you seem to be in the pictures. I worry about that - that you will not be happy with us. I also worry that you will feel the loss of your current life acutely.

We love you.

Love,
Mama



No comments: