Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I think we're approved

Dear JJ,

Here is the latest update.
On Tuesday, we were notified by the Agency that our paperwork was being sent to China. This is a large volume of paper called the Dossier that has about hundred different types of paperwork in it. It has been translated into Chinese and it is being sent to China. Once they get it there, they will read the translation, ensure that everything is valid, and then review in detail the information we submitted.

Once ths is done, and they find nothing wrong, they will send us a formal letter of approval.

The good news is that we only sent the Dossier when they have approved our formal letter of intent to adopt you. And that was sent last Wednesday. It's less than a week! So things are definitely chugging along.

Also, since I am in San Francisco for work, Daddy sent me an email telling me that my passport renewal has been returned with my old passport. And that was supposed to take 3-6 weeks. I think it only took a couple of weeks.

I hope this momentum continues.

I wanted to check in let you know where we are with things.

I can't stay and write for too long as I have people waiting in the hotel lobby for me.

I love you.

Mama


No comments: