Thursday, June 18, 2009

Silence

JJ,

I am sitting here in the dining room. Mom is on a plane coming back from a business trip. The house is quiet, silence only broken by Boris meowing from time to time. I am listening to the walls. They are full of life and laughter. This is a house that was meant for a family. It was not meant to be silent.

Soon you will be here and the silence will be replaced with laughter and questioning and debates. You are just like me. You will ask mom so many questions she will tell you to go ask your father. I will answer them all. Sometimes with a question back to you. It will help you learn to think, reason and live deliberately. Mom will tell you more about living life this way. Yet I think she will also tell you that it is how daddy lives everyday.

I can't wait. Hang in there a little bit longer.





No comments: