Sunday, December 26, 2010

The Day After Christmas

We all awoke with a jar to Aunt Mia's alarm which she assured me she heard right away or awoke naturally before it went off. Neither of which happened. In fact, I had to poke Aunt Mia really hard several time at which she bounded out of bed to turn the alarm off.

We went to breakfast and I called Aunt Helen to let them know that we were in the lobby at the appointed hour of 8:15.

She told me that they were "just leaving now." And should be here "in ten minutes" which means 20 minutes in Uncle John Time, IF we are lucky.

Interestingly, Aunt Helen had no issue hearing me over my phone while Uncle John could only hear every 3rd word! I think he's going deaf. Jeez.

So we waiting in the lobby and you watch Disney cartoons on the giant TV.

Uncle John arrives almost 20 minutes later. And off we went to Epcot.

After getting into the park, Uncle John took all our park passes to get the fast pass for Soarin'. When we got there the line was short. So we went ahead and did the ride. Then we had a snack and we did the ride again. It was excellent the second time as well.

Then off to Test Track. Uncle John got us fast passes again and Aunt Mia and I went to Mission Space. It simulates a space mission take off. Uncle John said that when it first opened, two people died of heart attacks. Aunt Mia, of course, wanted to do it. And I got roped into it. Then we found out there was and Orange team which is the original and a new Green Team, which is milder. I wanted to do the Green but Mia and John said Orange. I was outvoted. As I stood in line, I hoped I didn't throw up. Egads!

Well then we sat down. They gave us instructions and they locked us in. The panels came down. And then... The door opened and someone told us about technical difficulties and a fast pass for anytime through Dec 31st. Wow! I was so happy. Aunt Mia, on the other hand, was very annoyed.

We went to Mexico to meet you with Uncle John and the rest of the family.

Then off to the Princess Lunch in Norway. Since it was all new to you, you didn't mind. And besides, all the princesses were beautiful which you enjoyed very much.

After the princess lunch, we went to the test track. I explained to you what all dummies were for and what the drawings on the wall meant. You were very interested in not breaking your knee. I have no idea where that came from. So the ride was pretty good! I liked it and you loved it!

Then it was time to go to see the countries. First to Norway to ride the Maelstrom. No idea what it was because I sat this one out and waited in the store where you'd be coming out after the ride.

All day, I'd been dealing with a cramping stomach. I think that it was last night's buffet meal where I ate in excess. And since I haven't eaten like that, my body was rebelling. And then I added the Princess Lunch where I didn't eat much but I thought afterwards, I shouldn't have eaten at all.

So I waited in line with you until you went in, told you to be good and to stop the ghetto dancing (really) and said I'd meet you when you came out.

Then we went to China and you made no reaction. Uncle John and Aunt Helen were surprised so I explained that although you're from China, you had very little exposure to China as a country or a culture. Then they understood.

After that, off to Japan where we got some gummy candies.

It was freezing with the water blowing off the water and so high tailed it out of there to Downtown Disney.

We hit the bathroom at T-Rex which is like the Rainforest Cafe except only with dinosaurs and much louder, if you can imagine that. And then off to the World of Disney to get some shopping.

You picked out gifts for people and for sharing and a couple of hats for yourself. You were perfectly happy with the Mickey Mouse ears until I told you that you couldn't wear them all the time. So picked out a baseball cap for everyday wear. LOL.

Then out of the mayhem, through the cold, to the car and off to dinner at Amura, a Japanese Korean restaurant the Uncle John and Aunt Helen like to go to whenever they're here, which is at least once a year, if not twice. Really. They come here that much.

After dinner, Uncle John drove us back to our hotel. Aunt Mia is leaving in the morning so there was a round of goodbyes. But since we are leaving in the afternoon, we will be seeing them around noon when they come by to get our two 7-day tickets. Why waste perfectly good and perfectly expensive tickets, right?

Of course there is a lot of snow in Boston right now. So we'll see if you and I fly out tomorrow. Can't change Mother Nature so I'm not stressing. Worst case is we camp out at the airport. Best case is that we get a hotel room.

No comments: