Sunday, April 11, 2010

11/11/2009: Little things

So, I am noticing a few things.

First, you have to boil water in China before you drink it. Yes. The CHINESE people boil the water. As tourists, we have been advised to not drink the hotel water and to drink only bottled water. I am used to this since I have to do the same thing in India. This goes to brushing my teeth and rising my mouth out - all with bottled water.

When I watch JJ brush his teeth, and I am struck by how JJ just drinks the water right from the faucet, without having it boiled first. He is swishing it around and laughing and drinking and spitting and looking at himself in the mirror ... and I just sort of watch and he looks up at me and laughs and acts "Cute." Whatever. He doesn't realize that I am watching in horror, not at his supposed cuteness.

I am also struck at how he looks at himself in the mirror and how he poses for the camera. Lots of vanity in this one, I am thinking. Something to watch for. He is Year of the Snake after all.

I also notice how he has such bad teeth. Crooked, back to back, three front teeth (yes THREE) and I don't know what. And I notice he has had a filling or two. I am just thinking about the dental bills.

I am pragmatic. So shoot me.

I notice that he has very high arches. We will need to get him supportive and cushioned shoes.

He also has a lot of eczema all over his back and legs and arms. Which isn't good because it could be tied to Asthma. At least he is not allergic to peanuts.

And he has those skin things around his ears. I wonder if he think they are normal.

And his RIBS! He eats a lot but the ribs are still there.

At this point, I don't really know what to thing. I am just taking it all in and taking mental notes to myself. China didn't tell us about any of these things. Just that he had repaired Cleft and VSD. And I am wondering what else they didn't tell us and what they think "repaired" means.



No comments: