Thursday, November 11, 2010

"Can I be a king?"

Yes, JJ. You can be anything you want to be.
Really?
Yes. Really.

I told you a story.
Of your great great great.....too many greats to count... grandfather who was a king.
He was an orphan.
Found in a box on the grounds of the emperor's palace.
And the queen and her ladies found him.

The king raised him as he did his own two sons.

When the king died, the first son was supposed to inherit the throne.
But he said my middle brother is better fit than I to rule.
And so, your "great great great.....too many greats to count... grandfather" became the emperor.
And was a part of a great revival during the Silla Dynasty in Korea.

And one day I will take you to see his grave.
It's big and round and thousands of visitors come to his grave.

Yes, JJ.
He was an orphan who rose to be king.
And you can be a king too one day.
You can be whatever you want to be.

Love,
Mama

No comments: