Saturday, November 13, 2010

Under the Big Oak Tree

Today we went to the Museum of Science. When I mentioned going, you were so excited. You wanted to go in the afternoon, after lunch.

We went to Spikes for Hot dogs.
That was Daddy's idea.
You and Daddy love hot dogs.

After lunch, Daddy walked home and we went to the museum.
You asked me why Daddy couldn't come.
I said he was busy and had other things to do at home.

At the museum, walked all over the place.
We even went to the 3D Theatre on Sharks.
It was CRAZY!
You and I kept reaching out our hands to touch the fish and the sharks, and we would look at each other and laugh.

After the show, we walked all around again.
And then you said, "I know I know... you have to come. Come."
And you led me into a room with a Big Oak Tree.
You pushed a button and the show started.
It was amazing.

You talked the whole time the recording was in play.
And underneath that Big Oak Tree, you gave me enlightenment and illumination.
Things to think about.
Out of the mouth of babes, as they say.

And I thought to myself... "Budddha reached enlightenment under the Bodhi Tree."
Bodhi Tree sounds a little like Big Oak Tree, doesn't it?

You gave me a gift.
More reason to be present than ever before.

And I love you for it.

Love,
Mama

No comments: