Thursday, November 18, 2010

Your first hockey game

You and I went to our first hockey game together.
Ok.
Not just together but your very first hockey game ever!

The Bruins were playing the Panthers.
Daddy had bought me these tickets many months ago so we could get out of the house and go together for "date nights." But he couldn't go tonight so we agreed that you could stay out a little late to go to the hockey game.

We had really good seats by where the Zamboni’s came out. And during the first intermission, I saw them and thought about the time that your Daddy gave me a ride on a Zamboni as a surprise. I was so happy and so shocked that I cried. Your daddy was wonderful about giving present and surprises.

You saw the cheerleaders and was "meh" about them.
You saw the little kids who skated during intermission and you were sort of "um... they're so little" about them.
Then you saw Blades, the Bear, and you were so excited!!
You said he was soft and cuddly but really strong.

We left during the second intermission so that you wouldn't stay out too late. It is a school night of course.

Oh. On the way into the parking garage, you held the door for a couple, held the elevator door for them, pushed the button and waited for them to leave first.

The guy was amazed. He couldn't believe how polite and caring you were. He kept saying it over and over and then you thanked him which brought on a whole round of more praises.

Who do you think taught you that? Yup. It was Mama. Daddy has something to do about it, too, but I do remember sitting you down and explaining to you why good manners were so important. And you said you understood. And I am sure that Daddy's and my reminders helped along the way.

On the drive home, you talked about family and how important family is and "outside people" are not the same as family. I asked who told you this and you said you just think a lot and you know this from thinking.

We came home and Daddy came down to put you to bed. You had asked me who bought the tickets and I said that Daddy did. So you thanked Daddy. And he told you that I chose you to go with me.

I hoped you like the hockey game because there is another one in December that I have tickets to. You said you would like to come again.

Love,
Mama

No comments: